Tuesday, October 26, 2010

R1P2D5 No Picnic but Making It

This morning I weighed in and I am still above my starting weight by 2 pounds. Today I was still tired, head-achey and had low blood sugar before meals. I tried the l-carnitine which is supposed to aid with fat burning. I took 2 capsules at 10am and 3pm and they seemed to give me some energy. I also took one l-glutamine which is supposed to curb cravings. I looked again at the ingredients list and they both have cellulose and the l-glutamine has rice powder. Not sure if I should have those ingredients on the VLCD.

My menu today was a 3.5 oz strawberry smoothie for breakfast. 2 grissinis with a coffee with a mini-moo and stevia at 10am. 100 gm chicken grilled served with 6 oz raw spinach for lunch. 2 more grissinis with a cup of Stash Chai black tea with stevia at 4pm. Another 100 gm grilled chicken with 8 oz tomato for dinner. And a 3.5 oz cinnamon orange smoothie for dessert. Pretty tasty.

I really like most of the foods on the list, although I do have my favorites, my struggle is with the small portions. I am not really hungry though, its more of a blood sugar problem. I think that is why I felt compelled to have the 2 extra grissinis which I know was off protocol. A friend told me to try Chromium for that so I will check that out. She also said I should replace the am smoothie with an apple during the day. I don't like apples but I will give that a try. Maybe I can learn to like them. I'll be taking my cinnamon to work too!

No comments:

Post a Comment