Sunday, October 31, 2010

R1P2D8 3 Pounds Dropped!

It's Saturday morning of Day 9 and I just weighed in at just under 225! Lost 3 pounds yesterday so that makes 6 pounds from my starting weight (11 pounds from my loading weight)! I also measured and lost 8.2 inches. I think that is great for one week. I have never has such great results and I have tried a lot of times to stick to a strict calorie count of 1200-1400 per day that my dietician recommended. This is so much better because I am learning the right way to eat.

Yesterday's menu was coffee with 1 moo and stevia at 9am. For lunch I had a rare lean charcoal grilled burger (actually it was a 5 ounce burger that I cut in half and brought the leftover home for lunch today) and raw tomato slices salted. It was so yummy. For dinner I had leftover shrimp from Wednesday's luncheon that I brought home and the leftover roasted garlic asparagus. I topped it off with an orange smoothie even though I wasn't hungry but thought I needed the fruit.

The HCG did finally kick in about Day 4 or 5 (VLCD Day 2 or 3) and each time I eat I am not hungry until the next meal or maybe just some slight hunger twinges just before each meal. If I get stressed in between, that is my food trigger, I have either coffee or tea or more water. One trick that works for me is now that I am taking more supplements I take 2-3 at the 10am and 3pm snack times with a hot or cold drink and it satisfies me. If my hunger gets really bad, I have a pack of grissini in my desk and I eat one or two. Also if I am going to work out I have 1 or 2 melbas just before to ensure my blood sugar doesn't drop too low.

I am cooking for the week today. I am planning out my menu for the week now which I follow loosely depending on what each day brings. To not get bored I like to have lots of options. I think I am going to make some rare lean burgers and bake some tilapia. I am making my list and heading to the store soon.

This is the first weekend I will do on the VLCD. I am a little worried because weekends are my time to overindulge as it's just me at home. But I am trusting that the HCG will help by curbing cravings. I think I will be sure to take the l-glutamine and l-carnitine today and tomorrow as they seem to help too. And the progesterone which balances out the nervousness I feel from too much estrogen. For Halloween tomorrow I have already made a plan to go to the movies to see The Social Network with a friend, but if she backs out I am going alone. This way I won't have to hand out or be around candy alone at home. I realize that would not a good idea for me. I can't be trusted around a bowl of chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment