Friday, January 14, 2011

R1P4D21 206.9 Last Day of Round 1!

It's Friday morning and the scale says 206.9 pounds. I have been careful in P4 not to eat foods with a lot of sugar or starch. Yesterday I decided to try some new things and see what happened. I had a strawberry protein shake for breakfast, italian sausage in tomato meat sauce for lunch with raw baby carrots and sugar snap peas and ranch dressing. For dinner I had a 5 ounce steak topped with blue cheese dressing with macaroni and cheese from the Publix deli and a small slice of plain cheesecake that I topped with some warmed up frozen blackberries with stevia and some sliced almonds. It all tasted yummy. I did feel kind of bloated last night I guess from the sugar in the cheesecake and the starch in the elbow macaroni but it was okay. Total price for indulging: a pound. Not bad.

Okay so I am getting really excited to start Round 2 today! I am going to start loading with dinner tonight. I'm on a tighter budget this time around, so I won't be splurging at fancy restaurants. I'm eating up the fatty foods in my fridge, like the salmon, cheeses, and peanut butter and coconut butter. I also don't want to have any leftovers from the load meals so I will be buying small quantities or single servings and eating out at "value" restaurants.

Starting Phase 2, I am so looking forward to dropping another 20 pounds and going down a few sizes and most of all being in Onederland again. I really love Phase 2 for other reasons too. I like the simple list of foods that makes it easy to shop. I like to prepare in bulk on Sundays and freeze so I just have to warm up a meal. I like the balance of foods (protein, veggie and fruit) in a daily meal plan.  I love how good and healthy I feel on Phase 2 and the cleanse it provides to my whole body. I always have enough energy. I like to log my foods for the day and see how much I can eat for under 500 calories. I like getting in touch with my hunger again instead of just eating because its time to eat. I really find it easier to eat 500 calories a day than to eat the 1700 I eat to maintain. I challenge myself to see how creative and "gourmet" I can get with my meals. I love getting to know and use all the spices in my spice cabinet and even get some new ones. And I've got a dozen different teas and coffee flavors so I don't get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment