Sunday, December 5, 2010

R1P3D2 P3 Foods

Today is Sunday morning and the scale says 206.5 so my weight is holding at 1.5 pounds under LDW which is good news! Especially since I am struggling with the change from P2 to P3. Having to eat a LOT more food is making my stomach a bit queasy. Also, I'm still somewhat confused about what to eat. I made a list from the Atkins induction food list and from other things I have read.

Yesterday I ate about 1400 calories I estimate. I had a chocolate Jay Robb smoothie made with ice and water, leftover 100 gm chicken with diced cuke, tomato and onions, then I went food shopping and had a string cheese, went to an early dinner at Paneras and had a You Pick Two of a bowl of onion soup, a half a roast beef sandwich with cheddar, tomato, onion. Didn't eat the sandwich roll, the bread or the croutons. Got home and tallied my calories and realized I needed to eat more so I had 2 eggs and tried 1 Tbs each of the peanut butter and the cocoa butter I bought earlier, YUM!

It seems like a lot of food for 1400 calories. And it seems hard to get enough protein. I am going to use the iPhone LoseIt! App to record my foods because it does a good job of tallying by protein, fat and carb grams.

To maintain my weight I should eat 1700 calories a day which seems like a LOT. I should strive for the calories to be divided in 60% protein, 30% fat and 10% carbs.  That translates to a minimum of twice the amount of protein that was allowed in P2 - between 100 to 125 grams of protein content (which is at least 400 gms protein foods by weight uncooked.) In P2 we had about 7 ounces total protein for the day so that means in P3 we need at least 14 ounces. I do get 3 meals instead of the 2 allowed in P2. So that is 5-7 ounces per meal. Or have some protein in my snacks. Two meals was just so much easier to keep track of but I am not sure I can eat enough at just two meals.

I found this on the web: 
These are from Linda Prinster's "HCG Weight Loss Cure Guide"
Recommended things for the FIRST week of p3:
Stop fruits and breadsticks first week
Have cream in your coffee if you like...continue lots of water
Add Salmon, trout, shrimp scampi.
Use butter, oil, or cooking spray in the frying pan
Add a small breakfast like an egg or 2...like a 2 egg omelette..load it up.
Change the proteins to 6-8oz per meal. Example:
Lunch..protein, small salad, real dressing, veggies of choice...
Salad can be mixture of favorite things...no sugar..nor starch
Dinner...Same as lunch. Protein, salad, veggies
Try to eat a little at each meal and get a mid morning and afternoon snack.

Phase 3 Snacks to bring to work (no more Grissini or Melba!):
  - Almonds
  - String Cheese (refrig)
  - Maries Blue Cheese for lunch salad
  - some Chocolate Delite or Coconut Cups
  - Cream for coffee (or drink it black)

No comments:

Post a Comment